Every year there are a lot of DUI arrests over the 4th of July weekend, or any holiday for that matter. While this year was no exception, the number of alcohol related arrests in Colorado went down from the previous year. According to the Colorado State Patrol, there were 263 DUI’s over the weekend. While the number seem high, it is down from 620 alcohol related arrests over the same period in 2010.
There were also 4 traffic related fatalities this year,. That is down from 10 fatalities, with 5 related to alcohol according to Colorado Department of Transportation, in 2010. CDOT’s “Heat Is On!” program will likely continue to educate Coloradoans with public awareness campaigns and increased DUI law enforcement to try to bring the number even lower next year.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- What to Do When the Police Serve You a Search Warrant
- A Supreme Court Win for Innocent People
- How can the fourth amendment protect you in a criminal defense allegation?
- 10 Differences Between Felonies and Misdemeanors
- To Search or Not To Search
- 5 Signs You May Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Consequences of Driving Under the Influence
- Immigrants and Sanctuary Cities Part Three: Supporting Sanctuary
- Immigrants and Sanctuary Cities Part Two: Against Sanctuary
- Civil Claim as a Result of DUI