Every year there are a lot of DUI arrests over the 4th of July weekend, or any holiday for that matter. While this year was no exception, the number of alcohol related arrests in Colorado went down from the previous year. According to the Colorado State Patrol, there were 263 DUI’s over the weekend. While the number seem high, it is down from 620 alcohol related arrests over the same period in 2010.
There were also 4 traffic related fatalities this year,. That is down from 10 fatalities, with 5 related to alcohol according to Colorado Department of Transportation, in 2010. CDOT’s “Heat Is On!” program will likely continue to educate Coloradoans with public awareness campaigns and increased DUI law enforcement to try to bring the number even lower next year.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- Can Kaepernick Prove Collusion?
- Navigating Ezekiel Elliott’s Legal Plays
- Is Driving Under the Influence of Marijuana Legal?
- Sessions Continues to Threaten Legal Marijuana
- Will Police Spy On You Through Your Phone?
- A Client Success Story: Defeating Meth
- Felony DUIs Mean You're Going to Jail
- Should Older People be Barred from Driving?
- Bill Cosby Continues to Stave Off Rape Charges
- Texting and Driving: Worse than DUI?