The attorneys at Hebets & McCallin are avid bicyclists, and we love being able to ride in Colorado, one of the friendliest bike states in the country. Since the bicycling season is in full swing, we thought we’d send out a friendly reminder that biking drunk is in fact a crime that has very serious penalties. All of Colorado’s motor vehicle laws apply to bike riders, including Biking Under the Influence. It is a misdemeanor that can result in jail time and probation. Biking is more prevalent in Denver now than ever before, and as a result, we are seeing an increase in these arrests. Please be safe and responsible while out on the roads, and enjoy the beautiful bike trails that Colorado has to offer.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- To Search or Not To Search
- 5 Signs You May Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Consequences of Driving Under the Influence
- Immigrants and Sanctuary Cities Part Three: Supporting Sanctuary
- Immigrants and Sanctuary Cities Part Two: Against Sanctuary
- Civil Claim as a Result of DUI
- How to Talk to Police
- Immigration and Sanctuary Cities Part One: What is a Sanctuary City?
- Using Car Accident Damage in Fault Determination
- Update on Judge Stevens