Drug defense lawyers in Colorado could see an increase in drug cases originating in other states that involve medical marijuana. According to authorities, there is a surplus of medical marijuana in Colorado and it’s turning up in bordering states, like Nebraska. Since Nebraska does not have a state medical marijuana law, this could potentially land Colorado patients in hot water if caught out of state with their medicine. The Nebraska State Patrol reports finding people with medical marijuana from Colorado 2-4 times a month while conducting traffic stops.
Licensed patients in Colorado are allowed to have 2 ounces of usable marijuana and no more than three mature plants in their possession. Top Denver drug defense attorneys say the best way for medical marijuana patients to avoid any potential problems in neighboring states is to follow the Colorado state law and keep their usage and possession within the boundaries of the state.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- Petty Much? The Problem of Overblown Criminal Cases
- The Basics of Hitting Your Landlord
- Should We Punish, or Rehabilitate?
- FISA Warrants: Are They Legal?
- Punished but Not Guilty
- Hemp, Formerly Scourge of Civilization, Reclassified as a Plant
- Imagining a New Police Force
- Top Tips from the Best DUI Lawyers
- Should It Be Hard to Find Someone Guilty?
- Glamour! Passion! Gigantic Robes! The Supreme Court Appointment Process