Criminal defense lawyers in Denver will be keeping a close eye on the upcoming trial of Broncos linebacker Elvis Dumervil. The standout pass-rusher will stand trial April 5 on charges he allegedly assaulted a parking lot attendant at Invesco Field in October. Dumervil pleaded not guilty to charges of assault and disturbing the peace.
After leading the NFL with 17 sacks in 2009, Dumervil sat out the entire 2010 season after tearing a chest muscle in training camp. He has said he got into a minor altercation before the Broncos played the Oakland Raiders on Oct. 24 when the parking attendant didn’t let him use the players’ entrance because he wasn’t carrying his proper credential.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- Petty Much? The Problem of Overblown Criminal Cases
- The Basics of Hitting Your Landlord
- Should We Punish, or Rehabilitate?
- FISA Warrants: Are They Legal?
- Punished but Not Guilty
- Hemp, Formerly Scourge of Civilization, Reclassified as a Plant
- Imagining a New Police Force
- Top Tips from the Best DUI Lawyers
- Should It Be Hard to Find Someone Guilty?
- Glamour! Passion! Gigantic Robes! The Supreme Court Appointment Process