Working in conjunction with the Colorado Department of Transportation’s “Heat Is On!” program, many law enforcement agencies across the state will be increasing their DUI patrols this Thanksgiving weekend hoping to reduce the number of drinking and driving incidents. The CDOT program gives grant money to more than 70 law enforcement agencies to help augment the number of police officers on patrol. The campaign starts Tuesday and runs through Monday as part of an effort to bring more safety to Colorado roads in correlation with an anticipated increase in alcohol consumption over Thanksgiving weekend.
With 587 drivers arrested for DUI last year over the same time period, the Denver DUI attorneys of Hebets & McCallin encourage everyone to be aware of the increased police presence and use a designated driver or taxi service when consuming alcohol. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving weekend.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- Top Tips from the Best DUI Lawyers
- Should It Be Hard to Find Someone Guilty?
- Glamour! Passion! Gigantic Robes! The Supreme Court Appointment Process
- Lethal Justice: Details of the Death Penalty
- Concealed Guns on College Campuses: The Debate Continues
- Case Suppression: Should You Be Worried?
- Think Twice Before You Send Weed Through The Mail
- When Bail Becomes Jail
- Life and Death Consequences of Felony Charges
- Is it Legal to Bet on Sports?