Working in conjunction with the Colorado Department of Transportation’s “Heat Is On!” program, many law enforcement agencies across the state will be increasing their DUI patrols this Thanksgiving weekend hoping to reduce the number of drinking and driving incidents. The CDOT program gives grant money to more than 70 law enforcement agencies to help augment the number of police officers on patrol. The campaign starts Tuesday and runs through Monday as part of an effort to bring more safety to Colorado roads in correlation with an anticipated increase in alcohol consumption over Thanksgiving weekend.
With 587 drivers arrested for DUI last year over the same time period, the Denver DUI attorneys of Hebets & McCallin encourage everyone to be aware of the increased police presence and use a designated driver or taxi service when consuming alcohol. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving weekend.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- Immigration Crackdown Destroying Families
- New Year, New Pot Rules
- Cops, Guns, and Marijuana in Hawaii
- Can Suing the US Attorney General Make Medical Marijuana Legal?
- Can Kaepernick Prove Collusion?
- Navigating Ezekiel Elliott’s Legal Plays
- Is Driving Under the Influence of Marijuana Legal?
- Sessions Continues to Threaten Legal Marijuana
- Will Police Spy On You Through Your Phone?
- A Client Success Story: Defeating Meth