It seems that Hollywood may be playing a role in the increase in domestic violence cases throughout the U.S. According to a recent Fox News article, teens and young adults could be desensitized to domestic abuse portrayed in movies, books, and television programs, even to a point of “romanticizing” domestic violence.
The article uses examples like the popular “Twilight” series of books and movies, where the relationship of the main characters revolves around a stalking theme with touches of violence, and Eminem’s “Love the Way You Lie” video, which showcased scenes of domestic abuse.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- Hemp, Formerly Scourge of Civilization, Reclassified as a Plant
- Imagining a New Police Force
- Top Tips from the Best DUI Lawyers
- Should It Be Hard to Find Someone Guilty?
- Glamour! Passion! Gigantic Robes! The Supreme Court Appointment Process
- Lethal Justice: Details of the Death Penalty
- Concealed Guns on College Campuses: The Debate Continues
- Case Suppression: Should You Be Worried?
- Think Twice Before You Send Weed Through The Mail
- When Bail Becomes Jail