It seems that Hollywood may be playing a role in the increase in domestic violence cases throughout the U.S. According to a recent Fox News article, teens and young adults could be desensitized to domestic abuse portrayed in movies, books, and television programs, even to a point of “romanticizing” domestic violence.
The article uses examples like the popular “Twilight” series of books and movies, where the relationship of the main characters revolves around a stalking theme with touches of violence, and Eminem’s “Love the Way You Lie” video, which showcased scenes of domestic abuse.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- Smash and Grab Thefts on the Rise
- What to Do When the Police Serve You a Search Warrant
- A Supreme Court Win for Innocent People
- How can the fourth amendment protect you in a criminal defense allegation?
- 10 Differences Between Felonies and Misdemeanors
- To Search or Not To Search
- 5 Signs You May Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Consequences of Driving Under the Influence
- Immigrants and Sanctuary Cities Part Three: Supporting Sanctuary
- Immigrants and Sanctuary Cities Part Two: Against Sanctuary