Here we go again. Just as she was hoping to be free of her supervised probation from a 2007 DUI conviction, Los Angeles prosecutors officially charged Lindsay Lohan with felony grand theft over allegedly taking a $2,500 necklace from a jewelry store in California. The 24 year old actress was just released from court ordered drug rehabilitation 5 weeks ago. If convicted, Lohan could face 16 months to three years in a California state prison, depending on the value of the property stolen and the criminal record of the defendant.
A top criminal defense lawyer in Denver noted that in Colorado the charge would be a class 4 Felony for theft of anything $1000 or more but less than $20,000. Possible penalties would be 2-6 years in prison + up to a $500,000 fine.
Lohan’s attorney has denied the charges and stated that they intend to fight the allegations in court.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- To Search or Not To Search
- 5 Signs You May Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Consequences of Driving Under the Influence
- Immigrants and Sanctuary Cities Part Three: Supporting Sanctuary
- Immigrants and Sanctuary Cities Part Two: Against Sanctuary
- Civil Claim as a Result of DUI
- How to Talk to Police
- Immigration and Sanctuary Cities Part One: What is a Sanctuary City?
- Using Car Accident Damage in Fault Determination
- Update on Judge Stevens