Michael Lohan, the 50 year old father of tabloid star Lindsay Lohan, was arrested in Los Angeles and charged with suspicion of injuring a cohabitant and false imprisonment. According to the West Hollywood sheriff’s office, Kate Major, Lohan’s ex-girlfriend, filed a domestic violence report and declined medical treatment.
The tabloid site TMZ.com is reporting that the two got into a violent argument and Lohan tried to choke her with a towel.
Denver criminal attorneys experienced in handling domestic violence cases point out that it is not uncommon to see false imprisonment charges. In domestic violence cases, a false imprisonment charge can be a result of simply blocking a doorway during an argument.
It is not known if this recent incident will affect Lohan’s upcoming appearance on the reality show “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.” Not surprisingly, he was scheduled to get treatment for anger management.
To read more see L.A. Times article.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- Hemp, Formerly Scourge of Civilization, Reclassified as a Plant
- Imagining a New Police Force
- Top Tips from the Best DUI Lawyers
- Should It Be Hard to Find Someone Guilty?
- Glamour! Passion! Gigantic Robes! The Supreme Court Appointment Process
- Lethal Justice: Details of the Death Penalty
- Concealed Guns on College Campuses: The Debate Continues
- Case Suppression: Should You Be Worried?
- Think Twice Before You Send Weed Through The Mail
- When Bail Becomes Jail