Michael Lohan, the 50 year old father of tabloid star Lindsay Lohan, was arrested in Los Angeles and charged with suspicion of injuring a cohabitant and false imprisonment. According to the West Hollywood sheriff’s office, Kate Major, Lohan’s ex-girlfriend, filed a domestic violence report and declined medical treatment.
The tabloid site TMZ.com is reporting that the two got into a violent argument and Lohan tried to choke her with a towel.
Denver criminal attorneys experienced in handling domestic violence cases point out that it is not uncommon to see false imprisonment charges. In domestic violence cases, a false imprisonment charge can be a result of simply blocking a doorway during an argument.
It is not known if this recent incident will affect Lohan’s upcoming appearance on the reality show “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.” Not surprisingly, he was scheduled to get treatment for anger management.
To read more see L.A. Times article.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- To Search or Not To Search
- 5 Signs You May Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Consequences of Driving Under the Influence
- Immigrants and Sanctuary Cities Part Three: Supporting Sanctuary
- Immigrants and Sanctuary Cities Part Two: Against Sanctuary
- Civil Claim as a Result of DUI
- How to Talk to Police
- Immigration and Sanctuary Cities Part One: What is a Sanctuary City?
- Using Car Accident Damage in Fault Determination
- Update on Judge Stevens