Michael Lohan, the 50 year old father of tabloid star Lindsay Lohan, was arrested in Los Angeles and charged with suspicion of injuring a cohabitant and false imprisonment. According to the West Hollywood sheriff’s office, Kate Major, Lohan’s ex-girlfriend, filed a domestic violence report and declined medical treatment.
The tabloid site TMZ.com is reporting that the two got into a violent argument and Lohan tried to choke her with a towel.
Denver criminal attorneys experienced in handling domestic violence cases point out that it is not uncommon to see false imprisonment charges. In domestic violence cases, a false imprisonment charge can be a result of simply blocking a doorway during an argument.
It is not known if this recent incident will affect Lohan’s upcoming appearance on the reality show “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.” Not surprisingly, he was scheduled to get treatment for anger management.
To read more see L.A. Times article.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- The Golden State Killer and the DNA that Located Him
- How to Stop Teens from Texting while Driving? Pay them.
- Free Range Parenting Legal in Utah
- Background Checks Are a Key to Your Future
- Cruel Prank Leads to Stranger’s Death
- Can Denver’s Ban on Bump Stocks Affect Mass Shooting Casualties?
- Immigration Crackdown Destroying Families
- New Year, New Pot Rules
- Cops, Guns, and Marijuana in Hawaii
- Can Suing the US Attorney General Make Medical Marijuana Legal?