Michael Lohan, the 50 year old father of tabloid star Lindsay Lohan, was arrested in Los Angeles and charged with suspicion of injuring a cohabitant and false imprisonment. According to the West Hollywood sheriff’s office, Kate Major, Lohan’s ex-girlfriend, filed a domestic violence report and declined medical treatment.
The tabloid site TMZ.com is reporting that the two got into a violent argument and Lohan tried to choke her with a towel.
Denver criminal attorneys experienced in handling domestic violence cases point out that it is not uncommon to see false imprisonment charges. In domestic violence cases, a false imprisonment charge can be a result of simply blocking a doorway during an argument.
It is not known if this recent incident will affect Lohan’s upcoming appearance on the reality show “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.” Not surprisingly, he was scheduled to get treatment for anger management.
To read more see L.A. Times article.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- Felony DUIs Mean You're Going to Jail
- Should Older People be Barred from Driving?
- Bill Cosby Continues to Stave Off Rape Charges
- Texting and Driving: Worse than DUI?
- Do I Need A Criminal Lawyer?
- Can you Go to Prison for Texting?
- Bill Cosby Trial Begins
- Tiger Woods and the Opioid Epidemic
- Smash and Grab Thefts on the Rise
- What to Do When the Police Serve You a Search Warrant