The statistics don’t lie. Every year in Colorado, more than 30,000 people are arrested for DUI and almost 200 are killed in alcohol related crashes. Over the past 2 years, October has been the deadliest month with 26 alcohol or drug related fatalities in 2009, and 17 in 2008. As a result, this fall Colorado law enforcement has launched, “The Heat Is On!” – a high visibility campaign focused on reducing the total number of fatal accidents using increased patrols and DUI checkpoints.
With Halloween quickly approaching, the Denver DUI lawyers of Hebets & McCallin encourage you to act responsibly, plan ahead, and use a designated driver if you are going to be consuming alcohol. In addition to using taxi cabs, there are many designated driver services available in the Denver metropolitan area. Let’s all work to keep our roads safe this Halloween weekend.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- Petty Much? The Problem of Overblown Criminal Cases
- The Basics of Hitting Your Landlord
- Should We Punish, or Rehabilitate?
- FISA Warrants: Are They Legal?
- Punished but Not Guilty
- Hemp, Formerly Scourge of Civilization, Reclassified as a Plant
- Imagining a New Police Force
- Top Tips from the Best DUI Lawyers
- Should It Be Hard to Find Someone Guilty?
- Glamour! Passion! Gigantic Robes! The Supreme Court Appointment Process