The statistics don’t lie. Every year in Colorado, more than 30,000 people are arrested for DUI and almost 200 are killed in alcohol related crashes. Over the past 2 years, October has been the deadliest month with 26 alcohol or drug related fatalities in 2009, and 17 in 2008. As a result, this fall Colorado law enforcement has launched, “The Heat Is On!” – a high visibility campaign focused on reducing the total number of fatal accidents using increased patrols and DUI checkpoints.
With Halloween quickly approaching, the Denver DUI lawyers of Hebets & McCallin encourage you to act responsibly, plan ahead, and use a designated driver if you are going to be consuming alcohol. In addition to using taxi cabs, there are many designated driver services available in the Denver metropolitan area. Let’s all work to keep our roads safe this Halloween weekend.
Current Post Comments:
Recent Blog Posts
- The Golden State Killer and the DNA that Located Him
- How to Stop Teens from Texting while Driving? Pay them.
- Free Range Parenting Legal in Utah
- Background Checks Are a Key to Your Future
- Cruel Prank Leads to Stranger’s Death
- Can Denver’s Ban on Bump Stocks Affect Mass Shooting Casualties?
- Immigration Crackdown Destroying Families
- New Year, New Pot Rules
- Cops, Guns, and Marijuana in Hawaii
- Can Suing the US Attorney General Make Medical Marijuana Legal?